recipe | indonesian soto betawi

hello! it's a good saturday! the first saturday of fasting (although i am not fasting) and i am making a big bowl of soto betawi *dancing*

soto itself is a indonesian traditional dish, which has many varieties depends on the area it developed. to be honest, soto betawi is my ultimate favourite amongst all of other soto. i have the most favourite soto betawi stall, i used to buy it when i was still working in jakarta (around kemang area). it's been year since i bought my last soto betawi from my favourite stall, so this is my attempt to release my longing for this tasty food (still doesn't taste the same as my favourite, though! but, it's surely enough for now!).

recipe: indonesian soto betawi
(serving: 4)

ingredients:
400 gr beef brisket
4 tbsp cooking oil
10 pcs shallot (minced)
10 pcs garlic (minced)
1.5 tsp white pepper
1 tsp corriander
1/2 tsp cummin
3cm galangal (grated)
3cm ginger (grated)
5cm cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cloves
1lt beef stock
400ml coconut milk
2 pcs of scallion (slice thinly)
2 pcs celery (slice thinly)
2 pcs tomatoes (cut)
3 tbsp sweet soya sauce
2 tbsp of salt

method:
1. boil one pot of water, put in the brisket and let it cook until the brisket is soft.
2. preserve 1lt of the beef stock and set aside.
3. cut the brisket as you wish (i cut it in small thin cubes).
4. heat the cooking oil; cook the shallot, garlic, pepper, coriander, cumin, galangal, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
5. put it in the brisket and cook for a while.
6. then, bring in the beef stock. bring to boil.
7. once it's boiled, add in the coconut milk, scallion, celery, tomato, sweet soya sauce, and salt.
8. stir well.
9. serve with warm rice and crackers!


0 winds from friends and strangers:

a little wind

My photo
i bake my own bread for breakfast, i craft everything i could think of, i watch arsenal, i dream of alaska, and i befriend old cameras. my world rotates on september.

inspiration.

 

subscribe for my updates