recipe | basic pancakes with lemon
i didn't even remember that i haven't posted this recipe to my blog! it's been sitting in the draft for months..
so here is the story..
before i left singapore for a month in december 2014, i made pancake for 3 days in a row to finish up milk in the fridge. therefore, i got inspired to post this super easy recipe for your breakfast. as you know, pancake is the most common meal in US, and now it's one of the universal meal that can be eaten (and cooked) by anyone around the globe.
so here is how..
recipe: basic pancakes with lemon
1 3/4 cups of milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
fruits of your choice (i, myself, like blueberry)
butter for frying
1. whisk milk, eggs, and vanilla together in a jug.
2. sift flour into a large bowl. stir in sugar. make well in the center.
3. add in milk mixture and lemon zest. whisk until just combined.
4. heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat.
5. melt butter on the pan. using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancake for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
6. serve warm with fruits of your choice and maple syrup <3 font="">3>