recipe | microwaved scones

I promised Yos to make him scones - besides scone is my #1 choice to order in a cafe or a coffee shop. You can have your fancy tiramisu or your yummy cheesecake, I'd prefer my humble scone and eat it with a cup of brewed coffee.

Today I tried my luck to make scones, and I hoped it would taste like the cafe's ones. Finger-crossed!

And, then in the process, I made mistakes by putting too much butter, because at first I was going to make half amount of the recipe. So, I ended up with too soft dough. After mixing all the ingredients together, by trying my luck, instinctively I add flour to make it more solid. Thankfully, it turned out to be 'an okay' dough.

Baked it in 2-3 minutes time and voila! The scones are cooked and the taste is good.





Recipes (adapted from here) :

Ingredients:
250gr flour 
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
90 gr butter
1 egg
185ml milk
Raisins

how to:
- sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl
- rub in butter until mixture resembles bread crumbs
- combine egg and milk, and then add to crumbed mixture with enough liquid to form a stiff dough
- add raisin into the dough and mix it together
- roll out dough to 1cm thickness
- cut into rounds and arrange scones in a microwaveable plate
(what i did was put a dough in a round form on a plate without rolling it out in 1cm thickness, roughly i measured the thickness and made sure it's not too thick so that it'll be easy to be cooked)
- microwave at 100% for 2-3mins or until no longer doughy
- leave to stand for 1 min
- enjoy with jam topping or butter


0 winds from friends and strangers:

a little wind

My photo
i bake my own bread for breakfast, i craft everything i could think of, i watch arsenal, i dream of alaska, and i befriend old cameras. my world rotates on september.

inspiration.

 

subscribe for my updates