#5 Prestige

Prestige. One word which bothers me. Like a lot.
The current story (true story, I could tell) that can make you laugh in bitter sounds. Not something that an adult could possibly do, sanely. But it happens, unfortunately.

I am, somehow, disappointed - though I'm not involved in that situation. Yet, I am. Imagining that there are many sides will be hurt and much more disappointed, I only could tell that prestige is disgusting.

Prestige is the shadow of money and power.
- C. Wright Mills

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.
- Matthew 6:3

Do what your heart says, and need not to think what others will say. In the end, your name is only a name, what does matter is what you can do for others. Screw prestige.

Comments

Fadil Pinandita said…
On the contrary, prestige is what we get from our success, achievement, rank, or other attributes. Prestige is what left behind from our actions. For me, it's more than just about power and money.. :)
novel. said…
Mungkin krn bidang yang diomongin agak jauh beda kali ya,dil. :) :)
(this is me not talking about architecture, at all. haha)

Popular Posts