looking around | St. John's Island

I went to St. John's Island on weekend. It's 30 minutes away by ferry from Marina Pier harbour.
I was hoping for a natural island, with natural sand, with natural environment.. and I was disappointed. Sorry to say, it was almost-nothing there, only the very smooth walkway with manmade pathwalk, imported-sand from Indonesia, and well-arranged trees.
(and when I was there, I was so thankful that I come from a very rich country named Indonesia!)

But, I have to salute Singapore, they can maximalize each islands they have, put it on tourists' destination list.. and promote it on their website. The effort is very good.. thumb up for Singapore, and this is one important lesson which have to be learned by Indonesia.




please do check on http://www.novelnovel.deviantart.com/ for better resolution.
and some from my facebook account.

Comments

Popular Posts